Warnings and Cautions
This tool may include contact with another person. Care must be take not to injure them or yourself.
This tool involves contact requiring force to activate. Care must be take not to injure them or yourself.
Due to the various training methods, proper protection should be used to prevent injury or death. Protection used includes goggles/eye protection, pads, gloves, guards and other means to protect body parts from impact/pressure injury or possible sharp edges from blade breakage
With any training tool it is the responsibility of the user to exercise care to prevent injury. Please use caution as Aku Strike and our resellers will not be held liable for any injury incurred due to the use, misuse of this product.
Not for use for under the age of 18 years old
Do not make contact with the face or neck area
Ways you may be injured: Blade bending, breakage or damage:
Avoid bending the blade in side direction as this puts undue pressure on the blade and the blade can bend or possibly snap. We tested the blade to with stand a side deflection of approximately 1.75 inches measured at the tip of the blade. Blade bending or breakage can be caused by but not limited to;
- A stab to a person and/or the person deflects the knife/blade in such a way to cause the blade to flex to one side and the blade may bend or break
- The Aku Strike training knife is used to block a stick or other object.
- If used on a punching bag, target or person, the user may make direct or indirect contact with the flat side of the blade causing it to bend or break; a strong stab where the blade tip makes contact and excessive hand pressure forces the blade to deflect causing it to bend or break.
- If used in some disarm move causing the blade to bend sideways.
- The knife flies through the air and hits the ground
- Wrestling, grabbing, grappling, twisting, falling on it may break or bend the blade.
Risks if the blade breaks:
- The blade could break and a sharp edge may cut you.
- If the blade breaks, it is possible pieces may hit you or another person in the eyes or another area causing injury.
Always wear eye and body protection and do not use excessive force which may cause blade to bend sideways and break.
- Other people in the area should take caution and wear eye protection while using the Aku Strike training knife.
Avoid excessive force when making contact with another person or object. A very minimal force is needed to activate the device.
- A stab to the body may cause injury to ribs, internal organs, muscles, tendons etc
- Avoid contact to sensitive areas of the body, for example ribs, kidney area, anything above the shoulders namely face, throat, head, neck.
Disclaimer; The blade may bend, break or be damaged and you may be injured if used beyond the design limitations of the components or beyond its intended use which is to alert of contact upon activation pressure of the blade from the edge or tip (not the flat side of the blade). This is not a defect in the product.
A few generally examples we consider not intended use or misuse when: *you attempt a disarm and one person death grips the handle and the other proceeds to apply gorilla pressure on the blade and bends/breaks it, *you stab like you’re going to put the knife through a person’s skull or block wall, (not kind to your partner)
*You step on it, *you swing it like a baseball bat trying to take your partners head off, *you do a disarm where the knife flies through the air bouncing off the ground or walls etc, you get the idea. NOW it will probably hold up well, but if it breaks it is not a defect in the product.
In some training applications for example disarms, hard contact, you may want to choose a different training tool such as rubber or foam.
Please visit our partner www.takknife.com for other great training tools .
Happy training and enjoy!